Printfil allows printing from DOS, Unix, Linux, host programs to any Windows printer, including USB, GDI, network printers, IP, fax printers and PDF writers, without changes to the original applications.
Printfil can capture data sent to one or more parallel ports (PRN: , LPT1:-LPT9:), serial (COM1:-COM9:), or disk files, and automatically redirect print jobs to any Windows printer, even if it's physically connected to the captured port and/or a USB printer, with no COM/LPT ports physically installed on your PC.
it also allows:
- include logos or other images stored in separate files
- use specialist windows fonts (barcodes, for example) as well as normal characters
- colorize the text
- preview printing
- print to ANY printer installed on the Windows Control Panel, including USB, GDI, Windows-only and Virtual printers
- print A4 landscape sheets in place of printing on dot-matrix 136-columns printers
- send DOS print jobs via fax by using any third-party fax software which acts like a printer - eg. Microsoft Fax, or a multifunction - all-in-one - printer
- export print jobs in PDF format, even with encryption and password protection, and send them via e-mail by using your own e-mail client program or a SMTP server, with or without user intervention.
- use a single, customizable set of escape sequences for ALL printers, regardless of make, model and emulation provided (if any, as for GDI printers)
- print complex jobs to legacy printers in RAW mode (graphs, drawings) and FAST print on matrix printers (like in the DOS age)
- archive a copy of all the captured jobs
- print to multiple printers simultaneously
All this without changes to your applications
If you've host based programs (like Unix) to run on a Windows Terminal Emulator, you can stop battling with transparent-print characters and different settings for different printers. All you need is a shared file system (NFS, SCO-VisionFS, Samba, ...) or a Terminal Emulator, and PRINTFIL
@SwIt Printfil is a free trial software application from the Printer subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Macedonian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Urdu and it was last updated on 2017-08-31. The program can be installed on Win2000, WinXP, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, Windows 8, Windows 10, WinServer, WinOther, Windows2000, Windows2003, Windows Server 2012, Windows Tablet PC Edition 2005, Windows Media Center Edition 2005, WinVista, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate, WinVista x64, Windows Vista Home Basic x64, Windows Vista Home Premium x64, Windows Vista Business x64, Windows Vista Enterprise x64, Windows Vista Ultimate x64.
@SwIt Printfil (version 5.22) has a file size of 2.35 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 231 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.